Thread: Atlas Houston
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 11:29 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by zerozero View Post
It is a good question. Let's just keep it focused on Atlas for now.

I would guess anyone on probation who falsified their work history would be let go immediately with no recourse.
True. That's how it is now.

Everyone else off of probation would probably have to go through disciplinary process stipulated in the contract.
Yes there would be a process but I seriously doubt that would save anyone if there was plain evidence of egregious falsification. Ie failed a checkride, got a pink slip and/or recheck and did not disclose it.

The employer would consider that "original sin", no amount of seniority, longevity, or time passed could ever change the fact that you were hired under false pretenses. You be gone.

There is long-standing precedent for that in the industry. PRD might generate a wave of mass terminations as a whole lot of rocks get turned over all at once. Most of us might even gain seniority... I suspect there are some old-time offenders that thought they could away with it in years past, before the digital age caught up to them.

That said, I have a hard time believing our union would spend much time defending someone who actually falsified their work history.
Not true. They'd have to put in the effort (DFR). But I doubt it would change the ultimate outcome. For most disciplinary issues you can promise to never do it again. But you can't really promise to never lie on your application again, that's a bell that cannot be unrung.