Thread: Application ?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 12:57 PM
MysteriousMrX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default Application ?

I know I have no chance; no military time, nothing that stands out on my very basic civilian part 121 resume.. definitely no shuttle landings.. but figured it’s worth the half-court (maybe full court) heave of a shot.

I guess I’ll have to pull out my old dusty log books... but they seriously want to know *every* hour of every aircraft you’ve flown? I have a list of my aircraft types and total hours in each one.. what they ask you on airlineapps.. but they want to know night hours, landings in that a/c.... that will require digging out the old logs- I'm
assuming a wild guess will just make you look bad if you actually get an interview and they decide to take a peak inside your logs ?

If they’ve turned down a former shuttle pilot (true story).. they appear to be quite particular, Lol.
But I also know of a former colleague who was hired there from my regional who had told me he’d not kept a logbook in over 10 years... so somehow he suddenly remembered his time and landings and must’ve gotten writers cramp and an interview and job.

oh well... it’s a pipe dream to fly purple aircraft, so worth the effort to work at getting it right..