Thread: Application ?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 08:08 PM
SuperDuty
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: A300

Originally Posted by MysteriousMrX View Post
I know I have no chance; no military time, nothing that stands out on my very basic civilian part 121 resume.. definitely no shuttle landings.. but figured it’s worth the half-court (maybe full court) heave of a shot.

I guess I’ll have to pull out my old dusty log books... but they seriously want to know *every* hour of every aircraft you’ve flown? I have a list of my aircraft types and total hours in each one.. what they ask you on airlineapps.. but they want to know night hours, landings in that a/c.... that will require digging out the old logs- I'm
assuming a wild guess will just make you look bad if you actually get an interview and they decide to take a peak inside your logs ?

If they’ve turned down a former shuttle pilot (true story).. they appear to be quite particular, Lol.
But I also know of a former colleague who was hired there from my regional who had told me he’d not kept a logbook in over 10 years... so somehow he suddenly remembered his time and landings and must’ve gotten writers cramp and an interview and job.

oh well... it’s a pipe dream to fly purple aircraft, so worth the effort to work at getting it right..
There’s really no good way to get your times organized, so that you can input the info as requested on the app, other than an electronic logbook. Yes it’s a ton of work. But when you’re finished, you can easily filter the specific times you need for the app. I had my wife and mother in law working on inputting my paper logs for weeks. I was working tirelessly on it as well. It’s worth it. Put in the time. Outsource if you have to. Get your family to help. There is nothing easy about getting the interview, and then passing the interview. If you put in the effort, it’s doable. And we are hiring from all backgrounds so don’t count yourself out.