Thread: Atlas Houston
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 05:56 PM
Elevation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Another benefit of an improved PRD: priorities and reduced anxiety.

Right now if someone can hide their work history and gloss over inconvenient facts in their background. More relative weight is placed on whether someone seems like a "good fit". When all of us can see each other, warts and all, a clean training/FAA history will be worth more. People will still schmooze their way into jobs, but it'll be just a tad less schmoozy.

Also this forum is jam-packed with people asking about whether they should or should not list something in their history. Does something come up? If it doesn't come up, should they mention it to be safe? Does mentioning something to be safe wind up costing you your dream job? Think about all that tension out there! All these pilots acting cool in person then quietly freaking out in private could be a thing of the past!

With a single database all that guesswork is gone. You know what they know what everyone else knows. Simple. No angst or guesswork required. It'll be a good thing. All answers would be "Check the PRD before your interview and be prepared to talk about what you see in there.". It's a simple, elegant solution to a lot of problems.

I don't accept this as a simple solution to GTI3591, however. HR departments including ours have been doing better background checks on guys and reading documents that DB claimed not to understand. Also, tax records and other things would have revealed his previous employment that wasn't listed. We dropped the ball. Others have made these points better and earlier than me here, so I won't belabor them any more.