View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 01:15 PM
JamesNoBrakes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Originally Posted by Asado View Post
James, quick question. Regarding the FOIA and pertaining to my records, I received it today with some (seems to be missing many years in activity like ATP, Comm checkrides, etc) PTRS records. I have a few records stating "C" closed and one stating "S" satisfactory. Does this mean that I was ever considered to have "failed" these "C" ones? Because I didn't and I'm concerned I need to take action to dispute these and the airline who reported these went out of business. Thank you!
C or S is just a function of the type of record, it doesn't pertain to anything specifically. Some can be closed with an S in the field and nothing else. S is "sat", but other records don't use this field to distinguish whether something was sat or not. Some require a different letter, like an I, and still others require a C. It's the coding of the program and it's all over the place. If you received those records, they are most likely for a variety of activities, which is why they are different. If you are missing records though of applications you know you submitted, that might be worth following up. 8710-1 applications that is.