View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 06:32 AM
EasternATC
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Default Dr. Peter Lambrou, Pittsburgh

Bottom line up front, this is a rant...

My daughter, a college student, went to the above-named office to get her Class II renewed. She is in good health, and required no special tests, nor an EKG. Imagine my surprise when I got the credit card bill for $250.00.

I'm not from Pittsburgh; I live--and spent my career--in Northern Virginia. A Class II physical here costs about $125.00.

I called the office to suggest there had been a mistake on the bill, but was told that is their fee for all Class I, II, and III physicals. "Exorbitant" and "gouge" were some of the words I used in response, as well as "rebate." In subsequent phone calls with his staff, I was told that I should have asked the price before using their office, and that no refund would be forthcoming. Sucker.

I understand that Dr. Lambrou is an experienced and capable AME. It is said that if you have a complicated medical situation that jeopardizes your flying status, he is the man to see, as he has had great success in getting people through.

Please consider what I have written here, and choose wisely when you select an AME in the Pittsburgh area.