View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 04:12 AM
njd1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017

C5 guy here.

Our current MOU prohibits the company from providing any hiring incentives (bonuses) to all new hires effective October 1. That is not a slam to EV pilots...like tallpilot said it's a reflection of the new reality.

There are rumors of a hiring priority. Haven't seen it in print but it seems appropriate. ExpressJet, TSA and other 145 typed pilots are naturally at the top of that list, followed by other UAX carriers and aviate participants. So the opportunity is yours to lose.

That said, there are also rumors that EV pilots already here are likely to help HR weed out the troublemakers, so if that aptly describes you, I wouldn't expect a call back.

Personally, if you can tolerate the crummy pay and work rules like everyone else over at C5, I encourage you to apply. If, however, you're going to suggest stocking the plumbing aisle at the Depot is more respectful than working for us or you're just going to put on a smiley face for the interview and then spend every trip moaning about your situation, please stay away. I enjoy my job precisely because the people are great, and the last thing I want to do is go to work with a bunch of complainers.