View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 07:27 PM
DarkSideMoon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
yes. This is not a neener-neener in any sense of the word. It’s a statement of FACT to let you know what the situation is. If you aspire to something, especially if it is going to take you years and some degree of sacrifice, it is helpful for you to have a realistic idea of what you are aspiring to.

You have an opportunity to learn from what is going on. Since we are ALL paying a huge price for the downturn in the industry, we might as well derive as much useful knowledge as possible from the experience by seeing how effectively various majors handle it. Because anyone that doesn’t think something like this can happen again Sometime in their flying career is either wrong, or pushing 65.

Hold My Bier

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/united/129283-furlough-estimate.html

My recommendation is that every regional pilot reads every major forum to see how every major management is handling their pilots under stress. Because stress is a frequent fact of life in this business. But that’s your call.
Thank you for coming to warn us RJ pilots. None of us pay attention at all to industry news. Not like this was the subject of discussion at training events and crewrooms for the past three months.

Are you implying that we should turn down interviews with United in the future because their management is so much more mean than the true philanthropists at every other major? Has nothing to do with the fact that the airline with the largest international exposure is taking the largest hit with 0 international travel. If domestic travel was in the gutter and international was fine all of a sudden JetBlue or Southwest would be making a lot more “stressful” decisions. From what I’ve seen United is attempting to do what they can to mitigate gracefully but they have the largest exposure and need the biggest cuts.

Or so I hear, obviously none of us regional pilots are capable of noticing this sort of thing. If you have some sort of insider info then let’s chat, but coming down to the RJ forums and posting mainline furlough news like we’re not already painfully aware of our career prospects going down the tubes is pretty condescending.