View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 10:04 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post

Or so I hear, obviously none of us regional pilots are capable of noticing this sort of thing. If you have some sort of insider info then let’s chat, but coming down to the RJ forums and posting mainline furlough news like we’re not already painfully aware of our career prospects going down the tubes is pretty condescending.
Hey, feel free to NOT read my posts if they offend your sensibilities or block me altogether for that matter. No skin off my @zz at all. You have indeed succinctly Pointed out one of the problems of aspiring to an airline that is diversified into domestic and international flying, a situation which can be favorable in some situations and unfavorable in others, and why you may get that, conversations I’ve had with fellow pilots in crew buses have convinced me that not everyone does. Then there are the aspiring young people almost at their ATP numbers who listen to the siren song of cadet programs, preferred interviews, and flow from recruiting who just might need to take a Good hard look at the real world of what those promises are worth.

But I would differ with you on your career prospects going down the tubes. Except for those already at the top of the seniority list, we are ALL taking a career hit temporarily, but unless as I said you are sneaking up on 65, in three years everything will be pretty much back.