Old 02-01-2008, 07:36 AM
MrWalk
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Palm heel on the throttle quadrant
Default Yeah, right.

Originally Posted by Swass View Post
You're 46 and your parents are paying for your career change? Maybe it's just me but that seems kinda weird.

Not to bust your balls but why can't you pay for it yourself and tell the folks to put that money away for their retirement (unless they are already well off) or for your kids college or something?
Yeah, right, Swass. I would say, "You're 46 and your parents are paying for your career change? That's awesome!" My mom broke a Ford getting me to my first Thunderbirds show at four and Dad sure did get me exposed to flying based on my early interest and I have always been grateful for those kinds of things. But they weren't able to finance more than a few early lessons and some short rides later, one of which was my only catastrophic (single) engine failure (now that's a checkride!). I'm almost 40 and thinking about getting back in after a long absence from aviation and I would sandpaper a wildcat’s balls in a phone booth if I could get it financed for me, especially by people who love me.

Last edited by MrWalk; 02-01-2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: adding signature.