View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 02:03 PM
ClassicMan
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2019
Default Multi Engine Training Options

I'm about to finish up my CSEL, and have been working on my CFI lesson plans all along the way. I have some CFI ground training scheduled in the next few weeks, and haven't done much flying from the right seat. I'm looking for some advice on what to do next:

1. Should I knock out my CMEL after wrapping up single engine before starting to get ready for CFI and CFII?
2. What plane should I do it in? I have a few different options around, and they're all pretty similar price-wise. I can do it in a DA42, Apache, or a Duchess. I did all my instrument training in a G1000 172, so the avionics would be super familiar and make the approach part of the checkride simpler. The Apache is pretty bare bones, and the Duchess has a 430 WAAS and VOR/DME. I could be in the Twin Star for 375/hr, the Duchess for 365/hr and the Apache for about the same.
3. How much time should I reasonably budget for this? Most of what I read says 10-15 hours and you're checkride ready if you do the right prep work and study.
4. Any suggestions on a good online ground school for multi-engine?

Thanks for your help!