View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 10:13 PM
BURflyer
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2006

This is a good question. I'm sure there are many pondering about this. Sounds like you are a relationship kind of guy. Not a good mix with entry level flying. I'm sure that it will be hell for your partner. All the close friends that I know that are airline pilots, most divorced with money sucked out of them, have told me NOT to get married untill you pass the entry level flying. If I was you I would try another job you can always fly for fun. Making 100K or more is not that unusual anymore for other proffesions. My mother is a chemist and she started with 40k 4 years ago and she now makes 80k a year and she could make more is she become manager of the division. Not to mention the stock options that have made her over 20K. All she does now for that 80k a year is mix a few chemical solutions for diabetes biotech comp. She tells me that she does about 5 hours of ACTUAL solid work each week. Rest, just sitting in the cubicle. A JOKE, stay in school kids get that degree and forget about flying for hire. Some airlines don't even have 401ks anymore which are the lowest of the low retirement options.

Last edited by BURflyer; 04-30-2006 at 10:28 PM.