View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 08:10 AM
HavanaExpress73
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by nikle994 View Post
Hey everyone,

I saw a post that iAero is going to start pilot classes in the fall. Does anyone have additional information on this and what minimums/competitive flight experience will land an interview? https://www.airlinepilotcareers.com/iaero-airways provides some useful information, but I was hoping to get a little better idea of a competitive applicant. Thanks.
Half the fleet is still parked. I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a class date anywhere that says they're "hiring" unless you are an exceptional applicant and anyone that is hiring probably only has a few slots (except maybe Commutair since in they're taking on all of Expressjet's planes). If you do get hired somewhere these days, expect the be low on the seniority list for years to come. At this point it's, either you're happy where you're at and will stay happy in that spot for years to come, or it's time to change careers. Before COVID, however, Swift was the place to come if you wanted to fly a 737 with the hiring requirements of a regional. They did want to see some jet/121 time, but other than that, they took almost everyone. There were more people that thought better of it and decided to just not show up to class than there were people they rejected from the hiring process.