View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 11:07 AM
StillFlyingaBus
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: A320 Captain

Originally Posted by joepilot View Post
I agree that the test was lame, but the answers that they say were right were not unreasonable. The only answer that they had that I would say was flat out wrong was choosing longevity over early retirement bad sequence of returns for the biggest threat to retirement income.

Joe
I would think that a quiz might seem lame to you guys who are fairly educated in the subject matter, but not to the majority of the airline pilots out there who really don't know anything about financial services. I have flown with lots of guys who are blindly picking their next stock in Investors Business Daily hoping it will do well. The part Wings Wealth Management has helped me with the most is realizing there is more than investment management when it comes to being ready for retirement. It's about tax minimization, survivor planning, medical care....that kind of thing. Gosh, the last person I want to be is that guy in the crappy nursing home slumped over in his chair asleep while Ricki Lake is on and a Bingo game going on in the other room. Respectfully, I think it is cool that you guys know how to invest, but I'm very happy I have that service as well as all of the others. They helped me immensely. I guess that's why the only work with airline pilots. Fly safe guys!