View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 11:15 AM
HavanaExpress73
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by mexipilot84 View Post
We expect to open hire this fall in the condition of some of our flying returning such as NCAA and possibly Cuba in November. Depending on those numbers they will green light a class that would be online most likely beginning of the year.

Numbers right now are purely speculative still as this situation changes all the time. They said we will be running a small upgrade class to balance the FO and CA numbers.

There is a class pool from April and may and those guys will be offered an opportunity first to fill the classes.

We don’t even know how we’ll do interviews again yet. We might start as zoom before face to face resumes.

Our requirements are still as follows:

ATP MEL(for civilian pilot)
2500TT
500ME
Legal right to work in the USA
US passport preferred
Jet time preferred
No DUIs
Minimal 121 failures.

We tend to mostly feed from the regionals and big 135s.

Must be able to commute or move to SAT BRO AEX, those are junior bases. Do not expect home basing for a long time, do not let that be your reason to come here as it will be a while now.

Check out the Facebook page for updates.
Shouldn't NCAA have made a decision by now as it is almost mid-September? The fact they haven't tells me they're simply not officially announcing the cancellation yet, but have already made up their minds. Cuba has doubled down their lockdowns, especially in Havana not even allowing people to travel between Havana and other cities (eventhough their new cases are coming from their buddies down in Venezuela). After reading that, it doesn't sound like Swift will be returning anytime soon. The new bases would have been hard to commute to before with not much service to begin with, now being assigned to those new bases basically means 0 days off/at home unless you live there. Seems to me like the idea is to get people to voluntarily furlough themselves because of the impossible schedule/QOL they were just displaced into, and they'll run classes of guys who already live in those areas who will be hitting the unemployment line come 10/1. I'm sorry, I just can't see how there will be much hiring in this environment (other than a place like Commutair, which is a special case).