View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 08:50 PM
TransWorld
Gets Everyday Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed

Originally Posted by StillFlyingaBus View Post
I would think that a quiz might seem lame to you guys who are fairly educated in the subject matter, but not to the majority of the airline pilots out there who really don't know anything about financial services. I have flown with lots of guys who are blindly picking their next stock in Investors Business Daily hoping it will do well. The part Wings Wealth Management has helped me with the most is realizing there is more than investment management when it comes to being ready for retirement. It's about tax minimization, survivor planning, medical care....that kind of thing. Gosh, the last person I want to be is that guy in the crappy nursing home slumped over in his chair asleep while Ricki Lake is on and a Bingo game going on in the other room. Respectfully, I think it is cool that you guys know how to invest, but I'm very happy I have that service as well as all of the others. They helped me immensely. I guess that's why the only work with airline pilots. Fly safe guys!
I am pretty smart when it comes to investing. However I have selected one of the top couple percent investment management companies to manage my portfolio. They beat the market averages by 3 - 5% per year, most years, after fees. They are down less than the averages in bear markets. They are up more in bull markets than the averages.

I have them manage it because they do better than I can, and without me having to spend much time. (And, no, I do not have a vested interest in them.)