View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 10:22 PM
TED74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by NoDeskJob View Post
For those curious. It’s a good gig, but it’s not perfect (no job is).

if you’re hired as an FO SLI, you get paid 85 hours of highest FO plane you can hold. So if you can hold Capt, it doesn’t matter. You only get FO SLI pay. With the exception of if you can’t hold 350, but can hold A, they will give you 350 pay. The 85 hours is for 17 Sims....so only 5:00 per event.
You give up some flexibility. Let’s say you’re senior in category as a “regular” line guy/gal. If you want to stack all your trips in the first 2 weeks of the month, and go on a vacation the last half of the month, you can do it. Not as an SLI. You only get to pick 6 “X days” Per month.
Also, you can preference bid what periods you want. But not many guys want A, D, or E...so you will get stuck with some.

ive been here 5 years, and recently left one of the Departments. I enjoyed it. The people are great, and your customers are your fellow delta pilots. The pay pre-MOAD was awesome cause I was making 777 pay.
if I went back now I’d be on 7ER pay, and on my fly months I’d be junior....vs being senior as a line guy on 737 or 717 where I pick EXACTLY when and how I want to work.

that’s the beauty of the gig. Something for everyone. Happy to answer any PMs
"Only" 5:00 per event in the highest category you can hold? That's what... for 8 hours TAFB? The line pays me 10:30 for 36 hours TAFB, and only in a category I'm willing to hold.

I had an instructor tell me he probably averaged 100-110 hours/month...is 85 the minimum or the norm? It sounds pretty darn lucrative - perfect job or not.

Is there a swap board of sorts to move your schedule around?