View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 10:15 AM
geosync
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by hyper33 View Post
Digging ditches? Thats there only other option? What mechanics have you been around?

Where are the mainlines hiring there pilots from? I always find myself in the cockpit at some point during troubleshooting explaining aircraft systems on "their" airplane. Same with the pilots on the cargo side of things. Did they not go to ditch digging school?

I've never commented on an old, dead thread in my life but this thread is just obnoxious. Dont disagree that pilots deserve more in compensation but i laughed at alot of the replies in this thread, but then again its called airlinepilotforums.
Agreed. A good mechanic skillset is transferable across many sectors. Pilot? Not so much. And I'm an A&P/Commercial Pilot, albeit non-airline. In fact I spent time in the space industry with my A&P, building large communication satellites and could go back to that industry if the s*&*t really hit the fan for me. Sure, airline pilots get the glory, i get that. But good mechanics/tradesmen with good interpersonal skills and vision can go a long way.