View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 01:02 PM
FastBurner
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by USMCFDX View Post
Can you post this on Jetflyers - might give you a little more credibility
In the future perhaps - but - at this point, hesitant to put my name out there as a dartboard. Fellow FDX pilots are currently reviewing the site for accuracy and helping to ensure errors are minimized.

Topics include:
- Fedex Pension Page
—— Link / Download Pilot Benefit Book
—— DOL 5500 Links for Pension Assets (to refute bankruptcy risk at 103% funded)
—— 2020 Annual Report with Snips and Comments showing SEC documents do not support “risks” spoken about by some Union Reps
—— 2021 First Quarter Results - showing same verbiage of Pension Assets in excellent shape
—— Link and snip showing 100 worlds largest pensions (60 in United States, Fedex #24)

- General Information Page
—— FedEx retirement Basics (just the facts)
—— IRS Website Deferred Compensation Limits (snip showing site info)
—— 1987 - 2020 IRS Limits (shows that from 1994 to 2008, the IRS DECREASED limits and took 14 years to get back to 1993). “Pancakes” or shares may rely heavily on this point and IRS could change with an administration friendly to do that.
—— ERISA / PPA 2006 funding requirement links
—— Railway Labor Act Negotiation chart (the end is “Chaos” - self help or strike)

- PBGC Info - obviously a link to the site
—— Termination options (AA 2011 Pension Freeze is standard and NOT at PBGC due to post 2006 PPA rules)
—— PBGC Solvency issues (describes Multi Employer plans in jeopardy and Single Employer [FDX] plans with surplus)
—— Premium Calculations for PBGC (83/individual and an amount not to exceed 561/individual for “unfunded Vested Benefits”)

- Stabilization / Variable Plan Info (Many names, operate the same)
—— Reasons against
—— Cheirons Briefing (basically saying a DB is best for individual - what we have currently)
—— Origination of “Pancake” briefing
—— Variable Plan Documents - Email Exchange with Richard Hudson, formerly of Cheiron, answering many questions (that counter Union statements btw) regarding plan details.
—— Company info on Findley / Milliman / Cheiron regarding THEIR plans (which are not Variable Plans - so guess they weren’t sold on their own ideas)
—— Groups that currently have Variable Plan and their documents (with snips showing the PBGC NOT guaranteeing any plan under 5 years - which BTW is in OUR current Pilot Benefit Book also)

- Union Explanations
—— YouTube Video Links
—— 20 Questions for MEC Reps (many of these I have an educated guess) but are considerations for the PSPP

- Union Podcasts
—— PDF Transcriptions of all 7 (thus far) with my comments in RED - there ARE inconsistencies, false, and misleading information during their Podcasts.

- What do YOU care about (basically a look at perspectives of our demographics)
—— New Hire with 25 years or more until retirement
—— Middle AGE with less than 25 years possible (Hey THAT IS ME)
—— 25 Year + Veteran currently employed and extending past the 25 years
—— Quality of Life Seeker (Pregnancy, Mil Leave, Kids, Caregiver, Emergency Leave)
—— Upgrade possibilities and International Flying (essentially PSPP would drastically alter current system)

I am willing to ADD content - and definitely seek accuracy within the site. I believe (other than my sometimes snarky comments) that the site is unobjectionable since I provide links and snips essentially SHOWING data to readers rather than misleading via speaking with unconfirmed information.

Send a Private Message for Access.

FB