View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 09:54 AM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by golfandfly View Post
It’s idiots like you that do much of the dividing.

What’s the problem with someone offering information? You can choose to agree or disagree. Many of us think much of the information the union has put out is propaganda. It’s incredibly one-sided. They’ve been trying to convince us that the pancake plan is the best thing ever. And it’s still incredibly unpopular. Most of us like our pension concept, but would like the amounts increased.
Great, I like those ideas also but guess what I do the survey and talk to my reps. I don't go creating secret sites. I also deal in facts and can see the value in the new proposal. I understand the PSPP and understand how it removes the earnings cap and years of service limits. I understand how it allows us to capture some of the market gains in the fund that we currently get nothing for. I understand the stabilizing features. I also understand just increasing the plan we currently have. What I don't understand is those who come up with viewpoints and present them as facts. I went to numerous of the hub turn meetings in 2017 and 2018. I watched these notorious names try to present personal facts in these meeting and get made look like fools with facts form the consultants and R and I committee folks.

Bottom line is this. If we want an increase to the A plan we may have to look at different ideas. We need to use the communication tools we have. We need to have a certain level of trust in the numerous volunteers and outside consultants that have worked on this project for over 5 years now. Those volunteers are line pilots like you and me. Why the heck would they screw themselves? Are you saying its a big political sham? Your telling me over 5 years they got everyone involved to lie and take a huge loss in their own pension. At the end of the day if we as a group decide to just increase and uncap the B plan im on board with that. Running around saying someone in ALPA is selling you something by providing the education our pilot tasked them to do is disingenuous and bs. By doing this you might as well be called management. In fact im sure management and labor relations is licking their chops for openers. They can see how easy they can throw in a carrott and divide the group. They can see on Jet-flyers. Just look at the names who are members of that site. Numerous people in management. We have people getting fired over what they post on that site but yet another slow character comes along and post incriminating information. They see us bicker and fight in public with our names attached. They know precisely where the pilot group stands because these people put it out in the open. We undercut our negotiating committee. We undercut our elected reps no matter who they are. Yet the notorious names who know it all are no where to be found when positions open in the union. If you got all the answers and know best then step up. I know I don't have all the answers so I trust people much smarter than myself who have put in countless hours doing this work. I take the surveys. I stay engaged. I go to the meetings as much as possible. I support those doing the work. I ask questions through the proper channels.

We are approaching a critical time. We as a group must make a conscious decision. Are we going to bicker in public or are we going to keep our cards close to our chest. One will keep management guessing and the other will be used to divide and conquer. Seen it done many of times and we are heading down that path again. Be part of the solution or part of the problem. Its your choice.