View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 11:40 AM
NewOldGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: B767 FO

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
They talked about the alternate methods in the education material over the last 5 years. They talked about the flat dollar formula and s others. They gave the pros and cons. They then voted Unanimously to move forward with this plan. The key is UNANIMOUSLY!!! That means not a single elected representative voted against moving forward with this plan. Are you telling me all of the reps are just ignorant? So all of them were sold snake oil? All of them decided to go with a plan that is inferior to the other options? Do you not see what is so obvious?

Like I have stated numerous times, im open to look at numerous options and I will let them (consultants, reps and committee volunteers) do the work and see what they present when its time. I wont throw shad at those doing the work. I will vote and give feedback through the proper channels. I will attend meetings. I wont produce false facts. I wont tell lies to push and agenda.

By the way you don't pay the reps anything. You don't pay the committee people anything. They volunteer unlike you.

I don’t know about voting unanimously? Maybe they did, but if so it was without OUR input since the survey is just now being accomplished!
I flew with a negotiating committee member over a year ago who flat out stated, PM had already told them their top three priorities for the upcoming contract. Number one, not “improve retirement” in general, but specifically and emphatically, “The VBP” (as it was known then). So yes, without our input, without alternatives, the VBP was the chairman’s stated top priority a year ago and still is today!
I filled out the survey, I participated in 2 of the phone surveys (which were generic and twisted to say “they supported” something they didn’t, I’ve been to meetings, I’ve spoken directly with my rep(s), and I’ve watched videos. Unlike you, I’m not blind to an agenda that isn’t driven by us, the membership!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk