View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 11:57 AM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by FXLAX View Post
Just want to start off by correcting one thing. MEC status reps, officers, and some committee members get flight pay loss for MEC work. So that money does come from our dues. So it’s not all volunteer, although I’m sure much of it is. Just wanted to clarify that.

Do you have any concerns that this plan may have negative consequences on pilots trying to fly maximum amount at maximum pay for maximum time and how that will change system bidding? Also how tying career earnings to this plan may put future downward pressure on being able to increase pay, not just pay rates but all types of compensation (rigs, duty period minimums, disruption pay, basically all soft time)?
I dont have those concerns because our pilot group already flys max amount. We already have the group who bids quickest seat movement and some bid home town flying. Look at current conditions for an example. I also dont have concerns that pilots will stay longer because the average retirement age of our pilot group is over 64. That data has already been shared in the education material.