View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 04:07 PM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Retirement Website

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
I dont have those concerns because our pilot group already flys max amount. We already have the group who bids quickest seat movement and some bid home town flying. Look at current conditions for an example. I also dont have concerns that pilots will stay longer because the average retirement age of our pilot group is over 64. That data has already been shared in the education material.

Do you have data to support your position? Or is it just anecdotal? Because when I look at the 777 seniority summary list, the aircraft/base with the most senior junior captains are all the international flying that pays premium. The 777, ANC11, LAX11 junior captains are almost all top 50% as opposed to all the other captain seats being well below 50%. To me, that says that pilots tend to go to higher paying seats faster than the lower paying seats, which is normal, I believe. If you tie the amount you take with you when you leave, to the total amount you make while here, it would be reasonable to think that it will change system bid behavior. To think that it doesn’t incentivize increasing career earnings is like thinking that you wouldn’t contribute 10% into your 401k in order to get another 10% on top of that. It’s safe to assume that more would chase the money than we have now.

But you did not respond to my second point. Do you have any comments on that?