View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 06:05 AM
VisionWings
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
Although I did not hear it called as such, 2-3 years ago, many were claiming a K recovery. “The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.” Before COVID-19, the facts were those at the low end of the income were getting a higher percentage of income increases than those at the top end. Those typically chronically underemployed groups were seeing all time record low unemployment rate. Food for thought.

I’ll bite. Skip to 4:31 if you don’t have 10 minutes of your life to spend on understanding wealth inequality. I’ll phrase one ethical question to you regarding creation of wealth. If you create an idea are you entitled to the majority of wealth generated by that idea. Let’s says you have an idea that generates 10,000$ and you cannot do it alone. In fact you need 2,000 people for your idea to work. You decide to pay each of those people 2$ for their part while you keep 6,000$ for the idea that couldn’t function without a great many supports doing all the leg work. Is this ethical? Is this right? That’s late stage capitalism. Also consider how everything today is stock prices value of the company. You work to make the shareholders money. They do nothing but let money sit there in a hypothetical ownership. While you bust your but for a small paycheck. We need to reconsider who actually makes the world go around. It’s not ideas it’s people it has always been people. But today you can be a lazy rich person give money to people and keep majority of profit. That’s late stage capitalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caBD...&feature=share