Old 02-04-2008, 03:26 PM
JetPiedmont
A moment please...

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: Just passin' thru

Originally Posted by CloudSailor View Post
What base is Atlas hiring into?
What are the schedules like?
A friend, who was there for a year, told me he was typically on the road for 3 weeks, then home for 10 days. Would spend 3-5 days in hotels all over the world. Is this true for schedules?
Thanks for the info.
Yes. I have some ACMI experience, and that is pretty much the norm these days. It used to be better, more like 50/50 (week on week off, etc), but as the major airlines have decimated the QOL of the pilots there the second and third tier operators have been able to put the squeeze on their pilots as the bar has been lowered.

Even the FedEx guys are howling about their QOL now, and the UPS guys are getting run pretty hard as well. They get huge paychecks for overtime, however.

If you want to do better, I've heard Southern Air is going to more effecient schedules w/more days off (closer to 50/50) starting this month, and they are hiring which UPS and FedEx are not. It's not the quality operation of a UPS, you'll deal w/plenty of headaches, etc but get some time in there if you need it (quick upgrades right now) and go to the "big show" later.

Like most small outfits they like internal recs, so hit some guys up on these type forums for some help if you need it.