View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 12:12 PM
Grom1234
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Scubidopapa View Post
Do you meet the KSAs for the AEA position listed on the USAjobs announcement? The AEAs in my academy class all had extensive law enforcement and or military experience. The former Border patrol guys all had vet preference plus 10-15 years on patrol plus experience as supplemental aircrew members in AMO. The guys without law enforcement experience came straight from the military with 10-15 years of time as aircraft sensor operators or helicopter crew chiefs. There are also more than a few air force PJ/ army ranger type guys in the hiring pipeline. Lots of competition out there.
I am a veteran but not much of an LE background besides being a security forces augmentee.

I wasn't able to look through the KSA's as the only AEA position on USA jobs currently was for a supervisor. So, I don't know if I would meet the KSA's or not. I was just thinking about how I might get into CBP AMO. My Mil experience is as a heavy aircraft crew chief (C-130/KC-135) and Bio-environmetal Engineering. Sounds like I may not have the qualifications to be competitive for the AEA position. Is there any other way to get into CBP and make my way to an AIA slot? Or is it best to continue to build hours and save for a rotor add on and apply later?