View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 05:31 AM
aeroengineer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by AH1Toaster View Post
The other poster alluded to the problem you will face. At the moment the market is flush with King Air 350 typed, 12-month current, ISR mission or military aviation experienced guys with a TS clearance and an ATP. Unless you check all those boxes, there are guys ahead of you in line at each company that do check all the boxes. It looks like you probably have an ATP, but any company would need to send you to an initial type course and spend money to reinvestigate your clearance. You would also be competing against all the furloughed 121 guys that just need a recurrent to get back into ISR. If I was a chief pilot, I would not look at your resume until after I hired all the available current and former King Air people I could find. Then I would hire all the recent former military that just needed a type rating. Then I would get around to your resume. I don't expect that to happen until the airlines start hiring again.

You should apply, just wanted to give you some reasonable expectations. Good luck.
I also suspect given the old law of supply and demand that they'll see a downward pressure or at least a stagnation of wages as well.