View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 08:18 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by NotMrNiceGuy View Post
The airlines pattern bargain. That is my expectation. UPS is our closest peer. Pay rates should be our easiest get since they are so black and white. We’ve trailed UPS pay since 2016. UPS already has company-wide WB rates, so we’d still be behind there. If we don’t get UPS plus a nickel, that’s an easy offer to politely decline.
PTB-it wasn't my takeaway that PM was creating an expectation of payrates lower than UPS, but rather expressing what a GOOD thing it is that UPS raised the bar. And saying one reason UPS Management did so is the desire to avoid dual negotiations. The simple fact that UPS Ground\Air are both Unionized is a big advantage for the IPA.

And the whole point of pattern bargaining is sometimes you've got the highest payrates and then someone else raises the bar.

NMG, would say that when you drop a year, it doesn't always tell the whole story.
UPS Signed their 5-year deal in the Summer of 2016 and the pay rates were effective September 1st.
Sept 1st UPS pay rate was $300 while our Nov 1st was $295.27

But that pay rate doesn't consider other factors where our CBA is better, and still others where our CBA is worse.

As one comparison, even our FO's have a superior Intl Override compared to UPS Captains,
we're at $10\8 UPS is $6.50\4.50

As for me, only semi-care what Pax carriers pay rates are. Do care what the Cargo pay is, and whether FedEx is profitable or not