View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 07:55 AM
Grom1234
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by TXNFlyer210 View Post
That is one of the most idiotic suggestions I’ve have heard. Do not spend as much time and money to meet the requirements to become an AIA.

Spend the time and money to pursue an aviation career, if that’s what you want. There are to many variables beyond your control to focus you all your resources to become and AIA.

BTW CBP is not the only career path for guys who want to be federal LE pilots. Look at the DEA as well. They have a significant need for pilots due to retirements.
Thank you for the DEA suggestion but it looks like I am too old. According to their job postings you have to be appointed by 36.

I do want an aviation career and I understand that AIA isn't a given since it seems like many stumble on the Poly or other things. AMO just seems like the best fit for the career that I am looking for. I like the idea of different flying everyday and in different aircraft. I could do the rotate, positive rate, gear up, autopilot on thing if I had to, but the AMO mission just seems to me like it would fit me better.