View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 10:02 AM
187Breezy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Thanks guys, good advice and perspectives on both sides, please keep it coming. This is a tough call. My ultimate goal is to make it to the regionals (beyond that, we'll see what happens) so everything I do between now and then is with that goal in mind.

Originally Posted by firefighterplt View Post
Depending where you are in your LE organizational structure, that might be one hell of a pay cut—but I’m sure you already knew that.
The Golden Handcuffs come off in December, which is why I've been eyeing up this date for a few years. I'm pretty high up and yes it would be a major pay cut initially but I've been planning for this and have enough saved to swing it for a couple of years if need be.

Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
Hate to say I see a red flag...
saying a job with "weeks" on the road is low QOL....(hate to say it but attitude determines a lot...some people love cargo life, some hates it, case in point)​
That's a fair point but I can assure you I am no wide-eyed naive kid going into this. A regional lifestyle (3-5 day trips with a few days off in between) fits into my/ our lives much better than 1-3 weeks on the road at a time. This is one of the reasons I'm pursuing the airlines over corporate/ fractional etc. However, if a year of the road dog life gets me closer to the ultimate goal than it may be worth it. That's essentially the big decision I'm facing.