View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 02:35 PM
ComingInHot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by 187Breezy View Post
Since it has come up- I hear a lot about how I'll be competing against all the more-qualified furloughed folks, but I wonder how big of a factor this really will be. If I'm furloughed from regional X with say 2 years on, then go to apply at regional Y, won't Y just figure I'll go back to X as soon as they call? Why would they hire someone like that? Or, if they require you to outright quit your prior regional, how many furloughees will want to do that, since once Y is hiring off the street, X is likely recalling or close to it.

This obviously doesn't apply to folks who are completely out in the cold (Express Jet for example) but I wonder how much the furlough situation will impact hiring once it starts again.

I don't know this industry as an insider, just a many-decades outside observer, but I wonder about these things.
I think that is an interesting point. Especially when it comes to furloughed legacy pilots. I would assume regionals hiring those guys would require them to give up their seniority number at their previous airline.
Also some of the furloughed pilots from regionals that have shut down may have moved on to cargo carriers like atlas or left the industry for good.
On the other hand the companies currently hiring pilots tend to require an ATP/ turbine time or to pay for your own type. Which makes me think they are receiving applications from well qualified pilots.

Hard to tell I guess how many are going to apply once the industry improves.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk