Old 02-07-2008, 09:52 AM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

Originally Posted by Vman View Post
After being displaced from SDF to ANC, I won't be happy to again be displaced from ANC back to SDF in an FE spot.

I wonder if after a company paid move for displacement to AK, if the company will move me back to SDF after another displacement?
Vman and others,
Factually, the only FE slots that will exist in 2009 will be on the DC-8. Right after Peak 2008, the last classic 74 will be parked.
Factually, UPS has stated the intent to quit flying another 6 DC-8 's this year.
Look at the lines, every bid period has less and less hard lines.
Factually, from the Training Center, they are planning on the displacement bids from DC-8 crews beginning 2009 if not sooner.
There are enough 62-63+ year olds on the current seniority list that they will still be competing for the remaining FE seats on the last place they can go by 2009.
Sooooo.... even if it would play out that someone is taken from the F/O seat to the DC-8 S/O seat, they probably wouldn't make it beyond IOE before being displaced back to ANC.
To others that think it is "cool" to hate UPS. No one really hates UPS, they hate the stupidity of the logbook issues and getting letters of warnings for following MRB's and FOM procedures that the FAA apparently disagrees with.
I enjoyed being an F/O, the violations and warnings have been going to the Capts and S/O's. All the while why these folks followed company procedures. It is fair to have that irritate you. It bothers me to have managers jump in the cockpit trying to get me to violate FAR's. I still love being at UPS, but hate the stupidity of something so preventable and avoidable. Oh well...