View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 03:21 PM
187Breezy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Turbine 135 is going to be the next step in the career progression ladder. That might actually get you on with a regional sooner than you might think... sometimes regionals prefer lower-time pilots to more experienced people who came from a defunct regional (they are concerned about those folks having bad attitudes, especially if they were senior).
This is interesting info and kind of the next logical step from what I asked about hiring furloughed regional pilots. Again I don't know this industry intimately, but I have spent a fair bit of time on the other side of the interview desk. I know that it is not always (not even usually) about hiring the most qualified person, or the thickest resume, but about hiring the right person. Right could be attitude, perceived fit within a corporate culture, trainability, all kinds of things.

The movie "Miracle" about the 1980 US Hockey team is a staple of leadership training, and includes a great scene where coach Herb Brooks is culling down the final roster for the team. His assistant coach challenges him on some of the choices, and Herb's response is basically, "I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right players." That line has always stuck with me when it comes to hiring decisions.