Thread: CAN Layover
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 06:05 PM
HvyJet
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Just left the Southern Airways Hotel and this is part of my PDR I sent on checkin: "The checkin was fast and painless
The building looks new and very clean
Rooms are the same...very clean and very new condition
Internet very slow,,,
Hot pot in room
A C ,,, is so-so, good enough but would be nicer if it was a bit cooler
Beds are pretty firm,,, I like it but they are firm
Pillows are nice also...just right
no noise"

update to that,,,,,
Ordered a Hamburger,,,,took almost an hour to deliver,,,I think they forgot until I called about it. Arrived cool.

Around 0300 an alarm went off in the hallway and so I grab my sneakers and shorts thinking there was a fire and when I opened the door there is a guy in full PPE spraying the floor with a nasty smelling chemical out of a garden sprayer and of course I got a snoot full of that. Then called the front desk to make sure there was NOT a fire and was told the alarm was a warning that spraying was being conducted,,,hmmm, at 0300?

FO had a meat pizza, it was "yum", also ordered his standby--the Club Sandwich---said the meat tasted odd,,,finished the pizza.

Its closer to the front door of the terminal...

Be sure and bring a book,,,no English on the boob tube and your VPN will not work, even if it did the internet is too slow.

AT&T Wifi did work

On check out the front desk was very concerned about my stay,,,, I mentioned the room service and he said next burger was on them.
I mentioned the alarm at 0300 and said he would stop that
Also, the internet speed - said not much he could do about that one though---

Over all I slept great in a clean environment with A C that was okay and could endure the internet problem if for only one night, but if I was on a longer layover assignment it could be real boring without Netflix/Slingbox or unable to work online to finish personal work.

Last edited by HvyJet; 11-21-2020 at 06:18 PM.