View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 07:00 PM
Mjm8710
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Easy....”captain you got the flight controls🤗”..not your prob anymore .problem solved 😂...

Joking aside, lots of variables as stated above..not really right answer-all depends on the scenario, but either way be able to back up your decision whatever you decide to do. Lots of times these issues comes down to split second decisions when they happen at the worst time... so it will completely depend on terrain, wx, crew skill (is it a low time FO flying it prior to final approach fix with hardly any time in the plane or maybe your captain has been behind the ball leading up to it..), or maybe you’re already task saturated with other things. I try not to overthink these things, just comes down to common sense. I’ve never been in this situation in real life, but I’m sure you’ll have a good gauge what the best course of action is if you’re unfortunate enough to be in this situation. Biggest thing, when you make a decision stick with it...if not that’s when these situations start to fall apart and get sloppy