Old 11-24-2020, 04:28 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
What he said.

If fraud were to become rampant, then they might require database verification, but then there will be an app for that.

A criminal hacking your HIPAA compliant database does not constitute a violation on your part. We already have trillions of health records in databases, how is one more vaccine any different? I can open another browser tab, login, and pull up my entire health record right now.

And if the fed needed to amend HIPAA for some reason they can do that... it's just a law, not an inalienable God given right.
Which is what I said originally. Requiring a legally supportable accurate database will require changes in state and federal laws and enforcement of those laws. Not impossible, merely difficult.

How difficult?

Although there are no reliable estimates of fraud in Medicare, in fiscal year 2017 improper payments for Medicare were estimated at about $52 billion. Further, about $1.4 billion was returned to Medicare Trust Funds in fiscal year 2017 as a result of recoveries, fines, and asset forfeitures.Jul 17, 2018

U.S. GAO - Medicare: Actions Needed to Better Manage Fraud ...

That was 2018. Current estimates are $60 billion this year. And Medicare only covers 44 million people.

Anyone who believes it will be easy to maintain an accurate database on a third of a billion people damn sure has never done it. For the world as a whole? 7.8 BILLION people? No way in H€||.