Thread: CAN Layover
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 05:47 PM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by dckozak View Post
All kidding aside, how many more indignities are this crew force/industry going to accept in the interest of moving freight out of China. Fedex management seems happy enough to pass along pronouncements of ever intrusive and ridiculous requirements and our company, our management, eager to make big money off the backs of its front line employees, just passes along this garbage. I know those of us lucky enough to be senior or not on a fleet that goes to Asia can avoid this stupidity, but not all can. I wish our union would grow a pair and just say No, and strongly advise all to do the same. I know without a formal agreement by the company to do so, some of our pilots will continue to just fly into China and accept the conditions forced on them. I know Fedex's answer, if forced by lack of willing participants, would be just to open their wallet and pay more, but we are not even doing that. It's time to say, enough is enough.
I dont know if you are reading the union comms I am but that’s exactly what I have read in the “positive rate” as well as “The Chairmans” letters that have been sent out. Its been clear about them not supporting it. They have talked about “fatigue” and “safety” provisions that crews have at their disposal. Time for the crews to put the big boy pants on and stop blaming everyone else. They cant make the call for you.

I completely agree that some of the layover restrictions are bs but if people continue to accept it change wont come. Premium pay is still flowing so people continue to do it.

Last edited by Noworkallplay; 11-30-2020 at 06:07 PM.