Thread: CAN Layover
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 07:40 PM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Originally Posted by dckozak View Post
I think we are a day late and a dollar short. The union and company came to an agreement which gave us pennies on the dollar for our efforts. ...I get it, it is the Fedex way...as long as we get the $$$$$$$$$...
That's also the ALPA way, I think we got too much pancake batter on the brain these days.

Coming up on year 20 with this union (not all at FDX), and I've seen this time and again with ALPA. It's all about the payrates and thinking about "getting ours" during upcoming Section 6. Meanwhile, we've passed up great opportunities right now to fix issues when the Corp. needs our help. To me it's clear - when the Corp. comes to us and needs us - we shouldn't sign a single MOU until all open grievances are resolved, in our favor.

Now, I should say, I've always been focused too much on my life outside of flying - which I love to keep that way - and never really volunteered for ALPA like so many great dudes/dudettes do. With all due respect to those fine folks, to us, we need the IPA, a union with real resolve.