View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 04:10 AM
flyinthrew
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by pogorog52 View Post
First time caller, my question is about timelines with regards to new hires. I'm currently on active duty and have been doing some future planning with the family. My question is how far out will an airline offer a potential hire a job offer? (assuming minimum requirements met, interview and the application process was smooth).

For example, let's say I leave active duty in December, and am available to start January. How far back in the year would I know I have a job? I know it would be different for each airline.

Specifically, timelines for the following:

United
American
Delta
Southwest

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!
Construct your apps as early as possible. AirlineApps (United and Delta) takes a VERY long time. PilotCredentials (AA and SWA) a little less so. After you get those put together, have no less than three friends review each of them and then have them reviewed by Checked and Set. Then publish them. It doesn’t matter if it’s 8-12 months before your availability date. Publish them and update them every week or three. What you really want to know is when do you want friends to launch silver bullets.

Don’t launch them until hiring starts again, and if hiring has started, no more than 6 months before your availability date.

Good luck. If you haven’t noticed, the industry is in the ****ter. Those companies aren’t hiring in 2021. Something might start to come alive in spring ‘22.