Thread: Guardian Flight
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 12:15 PM
Gundriver64
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by AK15T View Post
Sorry, just saw this, I only log on to this forum every couple months. Outstations work a 15/15 schedule. Some bases will have paid travel from anchorage, Kotzebue, Deadhorse, Dillingham. Some don't, Fairbanks, Sitka, etc. Anc, Juneau, and Fairbanks Lear pilots all work 20/10, Anc and Juneau Kingair pilots do to. I'm pretty sure everyone else works 15/15. When shifts start and end is dependent on base. Here in Fairbanks, it's 0600-1800, and the opposite. Kotzebue was 1200-0000.

Extra days are paid out at $100 extra work over a day, though in some cases the company has paid a $300 daily incentive bonus when they REALLY need someone. There's usually extra work available if you're looking to work more. It sucks to add another week on to your shift, but the paycheck gets substantially bigger. In addition, there's always room to move up into training, ground instructing etc, if you don't mind dealing with MGMT more.

Overall, I don't have anything too bad to say about guardian, but I've only ever worked for Guardian in AK. There is some drama currently with corporate people in Utah micromanaging AK, folks they've sent up here to run things etc, but that happens at every company. We still have a lot of satisfied long term pilots here, and I don't see that changing. By far, this is the safest, easiest, most stable job I've had in aviation.
Thanks Much!