Old 12-18-2020, 02:51 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Good operation..

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
So, I guess if you want to fly a Citation X, Mountain Aviation out of the Denver area would be a good choice:

https://www.mountainaviation.com/202...-in-the-world/

That will be a pretty good sized fleet with a lot of pilots. I assume this is “Foot Hills” out of BJC. I’ve seen them on the ramp but I don’t know much about them.

What are the schedules and new hire pay like for this operator? Do they have other bases beyond the Denver area? No place is perfect, but is this a good place to be among Part 135 operators? Looks like they are hiring on the X. I realize it is a 135 operator - any info/opinions appreciated.
Hey David,

I reached out on here a few months ago with the same questions, and it was basically crickets.. There is literally more information on here about top secret ISR operators, L3/Dynamic/Avenge than there is on Mountain, and I don't believe that they have a profile in the Part 135 Section.

But according to my friends there, they are flying their tails off. Typical Part 135 8/6,15/13 schedules, but they also offer a 31/29 schedule that they pay extra for. I believe that the 15/13 pays $10,000 extra and the 31/29 pays even better. They also pay you $5000 extra per year if you live in the DEN area.

I haven't heard a lot of complaints and I have about 7 friends over there, and they are growing fast. Overall, a solid, growing operator, with at least 7 great pilots =) .
that I know well.

I hope that helps.