View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 06:22 PM
Pogey Bait
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Port Bus

Originally Posted by boog123 View Post
1. Learn the art of radio silence. The lawyers will listen to you and yours complain, whine and set strategy all day long......for 300/hour.....be prepared to spend thousands explaining to your lawyer, who will then try to explain to her lawyer, who will then have to explain to a judge how you are paid. Lawyers make money when people don’t get along. Judges don’t want to have to set a ruling, they want “agreed orders”. “Agreed orders” save everyone money, except the lawyers.

2. Radio silence with the ex also. She most likely won’t ever see your side, or admit to it.

3. Kids see everything, when they are teenagers, they eventually get thru the chaff.

4. Paying “extra” and doing the right thing, doesn’t always pay dividends.....prepare to be disappointed.

5. Ups and downs, can’t unscramble eggs! Do the best you can, be a good dad. That’s the golden ticket....
Good points for sure. There are many a DL pilots that I owe much gratitude too in helping me pull
through my divorce, all awhile a new hire in training. Truly the most stressful event thus far in my life. If I can add a another tidbit, at least in my state you file to reconcile the marriage over a period of time, say 6 months or so of time. Looking back this would have been a good choice, had I known in my divorce. With that said, all divorces are different and do some serious research (if need be) on the best representation you can find out there. Also find representation of the opposite sex than yourself.