View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 01:36 PM
Flydafe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Finessed View Post
It’s not fear mongering. If you’re less than 5 years in you know nothing of what the industry is actually about. The guys that have made it through unscathed have sat on the same seniority list for over 10 years while not having their airline fail. The minute you lose the seniority and start over it’s terrible as some are finding out. 2 years before they start calling, maybe more, then they call the most qualified first (the guys with no PRIA failures).

If you had hiccups or skeletons in 2019 it didn’t matter. How long will that take again?? Not when will they start hiring, when will they start hiring men and women with training failures? My guess is AT LEAST 5-10 years. Is factor that into starting on day one regional pay, 4+ years of upgrade time.

As I stated, go find a new career, because the dream is over.
That’s the part that sucks... starting over at year one pay at a regional. It’s either that or to fly cargo for atlas with more pay but a really extended time away from home reducing quality of life. I hope things turn around faster than your prediction but reflecting on the lost decade and hearing those stories of no movement stuck in the right seat for 7+ years makes me cautious about jumping out there at the one who have called. Career change had happened and seems a lot more stable for the time but man I miss flying the jet.. not being on the road