View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 02:52 PM
Puck Hawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by Flydafe View Post
That’s the part that sucks... starting over at year one pay at a regional. It’s either that or to fly cargo for atlas with more pay but a really extended time away from home reducing quality of life. I hope things turn around faster than your prediction but reflecting on the lost decade and hearing those stories of no movement stuck in the right seat for 7+ years makes me cautious about jumping out there at the one who have called. Career change had happened and seems a lot more stable for the time but man I miss flying the jet.. not being on the road
”Reducing quality of life” is subjective. I do 16 day pairings, and sure, by day 10 you’re going nuts, but if you have a significant other that is even remotely independent, it’s not bad. I’m at the point to where 4 on 3 off would be terrible. I have two weeks of vacation, EVERY MONTH. I walk up to the gate with a ticket in hand (lots of time First class), so no more commuting.

I, too, struggled with the idea of 16 days, but it’s been a life saver. The wife and kids are happy, I’m not constantly checking commuting loads or weather, I just show up and if my flight is cancelled, so be it.