Thread: OUCH!,,
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 07:29 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
For your investment portfolio decision, do you think this is characteristic of a permanent problem that will affect the stock price several years down the road, or do you think it is a big speed bump now but once it is out of the way things will look better a few years down the road?

I am amazed how many investment people (even professionals) do not take the advice of Benjamin Graham in the book the Intelligent Investor.

In the short term, the markets are a voting machine. In the long term markets are a weighing machine.

Warren Buffett says his investment foundation is 85% Benjamin Graham and 15% Phillip Fisher. These investment greats wrote books decades ago, and they still are relevant today.
I bought the Boeing stock a decade plus ago at which time it was a well managed company. Since then there has been the KC-46 debacle, the MAX debacle, the Starliner failure, and now a $2.5 billion criminal and civil penalty. I’m generally a mutual fund and buy and hold guy but Boeing is one of the two individual stocks I own and I bought it in dibs and dabs when I started investing. If I actually could find the basis for it, I’d sell it, but that paperwork I last saw three moves ago...

Oh well, I’ll leave it to the kids in the will. There isn’t that much of it anyway...