Thread: Symptoms
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 03:07 AM
ZapBrannigan
Furloughed Again?!

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737
Default Symptoms

After 10 months of carefully remaining in my family bubble, wearing masks religiously (everywhere except the cockpit), and cleaning hotel rooms before I even take off my shoes, I finally drew the short straw.

Figured I would share how it's going, and maybe others will do the same to show how symptoms differ between people.

1/6 Woke up with an intermittent dry cough, and a migraine headache. Headache lasted throughout the day but was easily managed with Tylenol. Went to bed early that night, but woke up freezing! Could not get warm. Put on sweat pants, sweat shirt, thick socks, winter ski cap, two blankets including an electric blanket on 'high' all night. Still couldn't get warm. Fever only about 100.3

1/7 Woke up feeling ok, but went to get tested right away since those symptoms were uncharacteristic for a cold for me. Rapid test showed positive. Went home and quarantined in the master bedroom. Wife and son stayed away and we both wore KN95s when they brought food. Mild symptoms the rest of the day. Chills, body aches, fatigue. No fever. O2 saturation 97-98%

Started taking Vitamin C / zinc
Mucinex
Tylenol for pain and fever

1/8 Slept well. Woke to achy muscles, general feeling of fatigue. My skin 'hurt' if that makes any sense. Like it hurt to brush my hair. Took a two hour nap in the afternoon and awoke to head-cold type symptoms. Cough, runny nose/stuffy nose. No fever. O2 saturation holding at 97%-98%

Added vitamin D supplement

1/9 Woke up a lot. Hot and cold again. Couldn't get comfortable. General head-cold type symptoms. Unproductive cough. In the morning woke up to no fever. Headache. Stuffy nose. Oxygen saturation 95-96, but can increase it back to 97-98 with deep breaths.

So that's where I am right now. Guess this is day 4 of symptoms. I'll update if there are significant changes.

What really makes me mad (at myself) is that after all this time, to get the virus NOW, within just months of being able to vaccinate. So frustrating.

Stay safe out there everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk