Thread: Symptoms
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 05:31 AM
RhinoPherret
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
I suspect it was at work. My family is/has been very careful with regard to masks, distancing, etc. We stayed home during the holidays, haven't been out of the house with friends or any type of gatherings. If we did go out, it was typically to get groceries and then come right back home.

My son does attend physical school but there too they wear masks, have plexiglass dividers, and have to clean shared materials. Plus school had been out since mid December.

The only place I dropped my guard was at work, and only once the cockpit door was closed and the constant parade of flight attendants, gate agents, mechanics, etc stop coming up front. I would take the mask off during flight.

On overnights I was bringing my own food and not congregating with the crew.

I am based in a southern city with a overwhelmingly conservative pilot group. The captain who I believe I may have acquired it from wore a gaiter - but removed it every chance he got. He talked about visiting friends and family over the holidays and even met a college friend for dinner on one of our overnights.

So no way to know of course. Could have just as easily gotten it from a TSA agent or a Walmart cashier, but that's my guess.

PS - stayed home with the wife and son on New Years Eve. Started a trip on 1/1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishing you the absolute best during your recovery.
You did the right things to mitigate catching and/or spreading COVID. So, commend yourself for taking those proven actions. It is all about decreasing the odds of spreading or catching the virus. Ultimately though, sometimes it still boils down to luck and circumstances. You cannot control them all the time, but you work to mitigate the odds. Even Vegas loses occasionally.