View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 07:41 AM
FangsF15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by blue vortex View Post
Sorry but I read the newsletter and did not see anything foreshadowing any type of maximum training. This the the best line I found:

”we’re gearing up to serve the pilots. Training capability will be the driver of our recovery: We are removing training constraints where we can.”

The rest just mentions reorganization of fleet chiefs and the new flap extension procedure.
Originally Posted by Crown View Post
fully agree. I saw nothing in there indicating we're ready to ramp up to full capacity bring everyone back hire off the street. It's almost like they are admitting they were vastly understaffed in the years pre-Covid and are getting a team in place for WHEN we ramp up, whenever that will be
Except you glossed over this:
2021 promises to be busier than 2020...and it’s because we’re about to reverse course and start the recovery. There will be high expectations on our group to move pilots back into flight deck seats, and we’re gearing up to serve the pilots. Training capability will be the driver of our recovery: We are removing training constraints where we can, ensuring we’re adequately staffed, putting training devices in place, etc. We thank you in advance for your professional approach to your job whether you’re attendin
At a minimum, that indicates they expect Affected Pilots will start to be recalled soon, some maybe for summer ‘21. Agree OTS hires are probably a year away best case though.