View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 08:27 AM
TOGALOCK
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Absolutely. As others have pointed out, there is a moral responsibility to ending the pandemic. I know people argue that there isn't currently any documentation that the vaccine will keep you from spreading covid to others. I argue that, on the other side of the coin, there isn't any documentation that it doesn't either. So far, the belief amongst medical experts seems to be that, even if you can still spread it, it is to a lesser extent with the vaccine.. putting others around you at far less risk. This belief stems from the fact that the virus is hanging out in your nasal mucus. While the vaccine will keep it from replicating inside your body, it may not be able to hit the small amount still sitting in your nose. But, if it isn't replicating inside your body, you are spreading a far smaller viral load than someone without the vaccine. This puts someone else at a far smaller risk of developing a serious case, if they even became symptomatic at all. I guess it's like spraying someone with a squirt gun vs a fire hose. They're still going to get a little wet, but not soaked to the bone.

Also, as a healthy person in their mid-30s, I'm not particularly worried about being wiped off the earth by covid. However, I've talked to enough people who have had covid that still get winded going up a flight of stairs a couple months after recovery. The lingering, and possibly long term effects are concerning. What may be a mild inconvenience for most people could be career ending for a pilot. I feel that any possible long term effects of covid far outweigh any from a vaccine.