View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 10:06 AM
Softpayman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: CA

Originally Posted by Big E 757 View Post
I almost had the chance to get the vaccine last night. My sister is a Pharmacist. They were scheduled to vaccinate a nursing home yesterday, but for whatever reason, that didn’t happen so they had 50 or so doses that needed to be used because they had already been taken out of the refrigerator so she called me and asked if I wanted one. By the time I got back o her, the sign up sheet had been filled so no vaccine for me. I’m not worried about the vaccine. If that’s the price of admission to the rest of my life, so be it.

I will only get the Moderna vaccine though. I know they have special equipment to monitor temperature during shipping, but if the Pfizer vaccine thawed out during shipping, and I get a bad dose, I can’t go back and get the Moderna one after that. The second dose would give me some protection, but not the same protection 2 good doses would have. The idea that big pharma caused this virus, all in the name of profits, would be impressive if true. If they did, why didn’t they have the vaccine ready to go 10 months ago though? They didn’t have to wait for millions to die before bringing the vaccine to market. They lost Millions of potential customers. And if China created this virus as a bio weapon, you’d think they would have had a vaccine ready, at least for their people, before releasing it on the world.
Big pharma doesn’t make their money off of vaccines.